Lignacite is thrilled to be involved in the redevelopment of the former United States Embassy in Grosvenor Square, London, which is currently being transformed into a new retail destination and luxury hotel by Rosewood Hotels & Resorts in partnership with Qatari Diar Real Estate Investment Company.
Officially named The Chancery Rosewood, the Grade-II listed building has been reimagined by legendary British architect, Sir David Chipperfield, and is set to open in 2024.
Once completed, this impressive development will include:
- 139 spacious guest rooms and suites designed by French architect and interior designer, Joseph Dirand
- Publicly accessible spaces including a variety of formal and casual dining and entertainment spaces
- A Yabu Pushelberg designed Asaya integrative wellness facility
- Five flagship retail spaces
- A grand ballroom with space for up to 750 guests
According to Qatari Diar, The Chancery Rosewood will pay homage to the original Embassy design of renowned Finnish-American architect, Eero Saarinen, while enhancing the architectural and historical features of the building.
It will also provide significant public realm improvements to support the future enhancements of Grosvenor Square.
The hotel will mark Rosewood Hotels & Resorts’ second property in London and sixth in Europe and is the latest example of Qatari Diar’s continued investment in the UK.
For more information, visit:
Above: April 2022
Above: CGI of the finished project
Image credit: DBOX for Qatari Diar
Developer – Qatari Diar
Architect – David Chipperfield Architects
Planning Consultant – Turley
Cost Consultant – Gardiner & Theobald
Hotel Operator – Rosewood Hotels & Resorts
Structural Engineer – AKT II
CGI Artist – DBOX