Environmental Commitment of Lignacite Ltd
Lignacite Limited offers a full range of manufactured concrete blocks for industrial and commercial customers throughout the British Isles. There are two manufacturing sites based at Brandon Suffolk and Nazeing in Essex.
The organisation ensures that manufacturing potential is maximised through the reuse of otherwise waste materials thus reducing the overall impact on landfill and subsequently minimising the impact upon the environment.
Working in conjunction with our suppliers and customers, we are committed to continually improving our environmental performance by controlling and managing our operational activities and products ensuring that risks to employees, the general public and the environment as a whole are identified and actions taken to minimise or eliminate their effects.
The objectives of our policy are:
- To comply with legal obligations and relevant other requirements pertaining to the business.
- To promote environmental awareness throughout the organisation.
- To maintain a safe and healthy working environment for employees with adequate facilities appropriate to the business activities of the Company.
- Through the setting and completion of environmental targets and objectives Lignacite Limited will maintain certification to ISO.14001:2004.
- Protect the Environment & Prevent Pollution
- Increase Raw Materials use from Sustainable Sources
- Responsible sourcing of materials though the principals of BES6001
- Reduce Energy Use and to use low carbon aggregates to enable reductions of greenhouse gases.
- Reduce Waste
- Reduce water consumption wherever possible
- Control and Reduce Air Emissions
- Recover, Recycle and Re-use waste materials wherever practicable