Environmental Commitment of Lignacite Ltd
Lignacite Ltd offers a full range of manufactured concrete blocks for industrial and commercial customers throughout the British mainland. There are two manufacturing sites based at Brandon in Suffolk and Nazeing in Essex.
The organisation ensures that manufacturing potential is maximised through the reuse of otherwise waste materials thus reducing the overall impact on landfill and subsequent impact on the environment.
Working in partnership with our suppliers and customers, we are committed to continually improving our environmental performance by controlling and managing our operational activities and the products we produce, ensuring that risks to employees, the general public and the environment as a whole are identified and actions taken to minimise or eliminate their effects.
The objectives of our policy are:
- To comply with legal obligations and other relevant requirements pertaining to the business and its activities
- To promote environmental awareness throughout the organisation, together with our suppliers and customers
- To maintain a safe and healthy working environment for employees with facilities and support appropriate to the business activities of the Company
- Through the setting and completion of environmental targets and objectives Lignacite Ltd will maintain certification to ISO14001:2004
- Protect the Environment & Prevent Pollution
- Increase Raw Materials use from Sustainable Sources
- Responsible sourcing of materials though the principals of BES6001
- Reduce Energy Use and to use low carbon aggregates to enable reductions of greenhouse gases
- Reduce Waste through recycling
- Reduce water consumption wherever possible
- Control and Reduce Air Emissions
- Recover, Recycle and Re-use waste materials wherever practicable
Mark Pearson CEO
Lignacite – April 2020